Wednesday, May 15, 2013

【REVIEW】 Kaori Oda 「Akatsuki no Butterfly」

Hello!

「Akatsuki no Butterfly」 is Kaori Oda's third single since the release of her second single 「Calling」 six years ago; whoa, that long?! This single is also her first single released under Team Entertainment Label; that means we'll be hearing more game-tied songs from now on.

Prior to the release of the single, an official (special) artist page of Kaori was created. Check it out HERE.

Here's the cover art:

Better than her previous singles, IMHO
Tracklist:
CD
1. Akatsuki no Butterfly
2. Kimi to Ai ni Naru
3. Kioku (Kimi) no Silhouette
4. Akatsuki no Butterfly (Off Vocal)
5. Kimi to Ai ni Naru (Off Vocal)
6. Kioku (Kimi) no Silhouette (Off Vocal)
DVD
1. Akatsuki no Butterfly Music Video
2. Akatsuki no Butterfly PSP Game 「AMNESIA Crowd」 Opening Movie 
3. Kioku (Kimi) no Silhouette Smartphone 「AMNESIA」 for iOS & Android Opening Movie 
My review:
The three songs are tied to the 「AMNESIA」 series.

M1. Akatsuki no Butterfly
This song was used as the OP for the PSP game 「AMNESIA Crowd」. The instrumental was okay for me; it reminds me of an action movie soundtrack. KAORI's voice is always okay. I love the chorus because it's very catchy; other than that, it's a regular/standard Jpop song. I hate that the bridge is really plain with only that guitar solo. (8/10)

M2. Kimi to Ai ni Naru
This song was used as the ED for the PSP game 「AMNESIA Crowd」. According to Yuki Kajiura, ballads are KAORI's strongest songs; I guess she's right. I love KAORI's ballads though I love her upbeats more. The chorus displays KAORI's higher notes than her usual style. I love the ending part because of her "hoooo wooooaaa" (9/10)

M3. Kioku (Kimi) no Silhouette
This song was used as the OP for the smartphone game 「AMNESIA」. This was composed by MANYO; one of my new fave composer. At first, I thought "w-wait? ballad again?". Apparently, it's not! I think it's the best song from this single (≧ω≦)b. Though I was expecting some layer of female voice like most of MANYO's work, this one doesn't have that. (10/10)

Overall Rating: (9.33/10)
My favorite song is  Kioku (Kimi) no Silhouette」. I hope MANYO will compose more songs for KAORI in the future.

Additional Info:
KAORI's Hajimari no Kioku」 was again used as one of the ED for 「AMNESIA Crowd」. Check out the game version of each songs in AMNESIA CROWD Soundtrack PLUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment